Your contribution to IIRR enables rural people across Africa and Asia to overcome poverty in their communities through programs like education for pastoralists, goat4girls, school nutrition through school and community gardens and rebuilding communities most affected by disasters. We work directly with affected communities to break the cycle of poverty and we don’t give handouts, but skills, mentorship, access to resources, and innovative ideas, then they take it from there.
In 2014, only 13% of our revenue was used for administration and management overhead, and we want to reduce it further so that more of the grants, donations and gifts will go directly to the intended beneficiaries. There are many ways that you, friends, and family members can support IIRR and make a lasting impact:
• Make a cash contribution, appreciated securities, or other appropriate donations.
• Donate cash, leave will, or property to support the Jimmy Yen Endowment Fund which will support young graduates to work with rural communities, gain practical experience and become employable.
• Contribute one, two, three or more goats for $30 each. A gift of 2 goats will enable a drop-out girl to re-enroll in school and change her life for good and make her a giver too.
• Contribute a matching fund for goats4girl to encourage many young people to contribute.
• Contribute to our general fund that will make IIRR a strong organization that delivers high quality programming, track evidence of its work, have strong senior leadership that will serves as a model of well governed organization and become sustainable.
• Choose your passion project in a given IIRR project location or across country like BIG, Goats4Girls, Livestock Dispersal, Girls Scholarship or others you would like to partner with and support.
• Give project specific or institutional grant.
• Partner with IIRR to support local organizations who may not have the capacity to handle funds.
• Join our New York-based Young Professional Advisory board that aims to create a network of IIRR friends and supporters in the US.
• Volunteer or join as intern in any of IIRR offices or programs.
• Leave a lasting impact by including IIRR in your will or estate plan.
• Host an event (dinner concktail) where the benefits can support IIRR projects
• Channel your special events’ gifts (anniversary, wedding, birthdays) of yourself and in honor of loved ones.
IIRR is 501(c) (3) private voluntary organization; hence all your gifts and donations are tax deductible