It is proven that girls who attain more years of primary education are at less risk for child marriage and early pregnancy, and are more likely to have higher incomes as adults. However, in many parts of Ethiopia, families cannot afford to send their daughters to school. IIRR began the innovative Goats4Girls (G4G) program to address this exact issue.
- Building back best: Strengthening rural women’s resilience amid the COVID-19 pandemicIn COVID-19, Rural Development, Rural HealthMarch 1, 2021
- Addressing Malaria and Climate Change can Improve Health in Rural CommunitiesIn Rural Development, Rural HealthFebruary 2, 2021
- Addressing Sexual Violence in Conflict: What Does a Survivor-Centred Approach Mean for Rural Women and Girls?In Gender Equality, Rural DevelopmentJanuary 4, 2021
- Girls education in DRC empowers entire communityIn Education, Rural DevelopmentDecember 2, 2020
- A new education: today’s imperative for tomorrow’s conquestIn Education, Rural DevelopmentNovember 2, 2020