The Agricultural Technician is responsible for conducting field visits and monitoring, providing extension support, information and advises, and organizing and coordinating field activities with the farmers and local stakeholders under the “Family Farming” Project. S/he will report directly to the Project Coordinator and coordinates with other members of the project/program team.
Under this responsibility the Agricultural Technician is expected to:
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits and provide extension services and technical assistance to at least 60 family farming learning sites and scaling out farmers
- Coordinate and organize community activities and partnership mechanisms with local governments, farmers groups, government agencies and other local partners
- Co-facilitate major farmer learning group, learning exchanges and educational activities
- Gather/document data from family farming learning sites, community and farmer learning groups, activities and prepare reports
- Perform finance-related duties and responsibilities such as liquidation any cash advances as well as to judiciously care for any financial and or non-financial resources and/or assets and/or property of IIRR
- Other tasks related that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, Crop Science and related courses
- At least two years experience working with farmers doing field research, extension work/service, community organizing, planning, coordinating and conducting field level education training activities within a rural development framework
- Interests to work in development through working with farmers and rural communities.
- Ability to write and edit reports and conduct research.
- Knowledge or experience in action research methodologies.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English
- Team player and able to work productively with teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment.
- Computer proficient, with knowledge and experience in word and excel processing and database management.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three letters of references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below.
This position is open until a suitable candidate is identified.
Please send your application to:
The Human Resources Office
We will respond to short-listed candidates only. All applications should be sent electronically.