The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction [IIRR] is one of the world’s largest international NGOs that focuses exclusively on ending extreme poverty among the rural poor. IIRR maintains a staff of over 200 people across Africa and Asia. The organizations’ programs address key issues on health, education, and the environment that affect the rural communities. IIRR prioritizes the delivery of sustainable and scalable solutions that empower rural people to rise from poverty.
Over the past 59 years, IIRR has attracted some of the brightest minds to its offices to help create new approaches to learning, training, and innovative solutions that improve the lives of rural communities around the world.
The main goal of IIRR Internship Programme (IIP) is to prepare and equip young graduates to catalyze the process of socio-economic change in poor communities in Cambodia. This global program aims at:
(a) Increasing the level of awareness of young professionals of their role in poverty alleviation and rural development;
(b) Equipping young professionals with basic concepts and skills in facilitating and implementing rural development initiatives;
(c) Providing an opportunity for young professionals to practice their knowledge and skills in poverty-stricken communities.
It is expected that at the end of the internship programme, the young professionals will be more competent and confident leading to better access to employment in the development sector.
Specifically, intern can expect:
(1) To receive capacity building, immersion, and learning from the action research project and other capacity-building programs of IIRR;
(2) To gain work experience in assisting/organizing meeting, training, or workshop;
(3) To gain work experience in data collecting, storing, and consolidation;
(3) To gain work experience in developing an action plan and report of the meeting, training, or workshop;
(4) To have opportunities to work with government and/or civil society in Cambodia;
(5) To be coached and mentored by IIRR staff.
Interested applicants should submit CV and cover letter not later than January 10, 2020, by using contact detail below:
How to apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to
Include ‘Rural Development Internship’ in the Subject Line.
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer. We will respond to short-listed candidates only. All applications should be sent electronically.