The Scaling Up Nutrition-Civil Society Alliance Philippines (SUN-CSA Ph) is looking for a competent Alliance Coordinator to support the Convener and all the representatives of the member organizations by undertaking a variety of advocacy and program-related tasks. He/she will help in planning, developing and implementing programs and activities of the alliance. Further, he/she will carry out operational duties.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizing skills to coordinate all the representatives of the member organizations working on the strategic plan and program of the coalition. The Alliance Coordinator will report directly to the alliance’s Convener.
SUN-CSA Ph is a unique Movement founded on the principle that all people have the right to food and good nutrition. It is comprised of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) with the common goal of amplifying the voices of communities affected by the double burden of malnutrition.
The Philippine Coalition of Advocates for Nutrition Security or PHILCAN, Inc. serves as its steering body. PHILCAN, Inc. is presently composed of 13 member organizations with programs, projects and interventions on nutrition. The coalition has been in existence for more than 20 years and has served as an advocacy group to move forward the agenda of improved nutrition among vulnerable and marginalized populations served by its member organizations in various areas in the country. Through community- and school-based interventions, applied research, innovations and modeling, it has been recognized as one of the leading organizations focused on nutrition. For the past several years, it has worked closely in policy-making and in partnership with the National Nutrition Council (NNC), Food and Nutrition Research Institute (FNRI) of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST), the Department of Health (DOH), and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
This April 2019, SUN-CSA Ph, through its member-the International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR), and in partnership with the National Nutrition Council (NNC), was granted an 18-month project aimed at strengthening capacities on nutrition-sensitive programming in the government and civil society sector thru capacity building. In addition, the project will support three Lead implementing partners from PHILCAN namely: Plan International in Region 4B, Adventist Development & Relief Agency (ADRA) in Region 5 and World Vision Development Foundation, Inc. (WVDF) in Region 7, in developing and implementing a local-level nutrition-sensitive project in their respective regions.
The Alliance Coordinator will be the main Secretariat for alliance activities, especially those related to the on-going project.
- Support the Convener in coordinating overall activities of the Alliance;
- Coordinate timely and effective implementation of alliance activities related to the Project entitled “Strengthening Capacities on Nutrition-sensitive Programming in the Philippines”;
- Coordinate and consolidate monthly update reports and periodic progress reports of Lead implementing partners related to the above-mentioned project;
- Consolidate and submit activity reports from Lead implementing partners, together with the progress reports, to IIRR as the project lead proponent;
- Provide the administrative and management mechanisms necessary for the successful implementation of the project and other alliance activities;
- Coordinate with PhilCAN treasurer to ensure that the Lead Implementing Partners have submitted their financial report on time;
- Manage and update the SUN-CSA Ph Facebook Page;
- Provide support in the development of the coalition’s strategic plan and the implementation of said plan;
- Schedule meetings, maintain agenda and document the proceedings of meetings;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, track expenditures and help raise funds when appropriate;
- Prepare relevant paperwork, including the drafting of the alliance’s position statement and consolidating comments of all members, and keep updated files and electronic records;
- Help build positive relations both within the alliance as well as with external interested parties;
- Represent the Convener or the Alliance in local engagements as deemed necessary; and
- May be asked to do other related tasks.
- With communications background
- Proven experience as a program coordinator or relevant position
- Working knowledge of project/program management practices
- Strong coordination skills, with experience in advocacy, organizing campaigns, advocacy events
- Good knowledge of MS Office and program management software (e.g. MS Project)
- Ability to deal with a diverse and multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent problem-solving and organizing skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) 3 references with address and contact information.
Applications must be submitted before 15 April 2020 to:
The Human Resources Office
Email: | firstname.lastname@example.org
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer. We will respond to short-listed candidates only. All applications should be sent electronically.