The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization.
The Climate-Smart Agriculture and Food Systems Specialist is tasked to lead action research designed to develop, promote and demonstrate effective scaling strategies of emerging Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA) portfolios towards sub-national and national levels. The post holder will be based in Silang, Cavite. This position reports to the Philippine Program Director and works in close coordination with the CSA team.
- The main responsibility of the post is to lead and coordinate the Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA) project.
- Manage and ensure implementation of an action research project.
- Ensure over-all coordination with partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and ensure adherence to action research protocols
- Prepare action research outputs and other related project documents (activity reports, documentation, working papers).
- Implement other related tasks as assigned.
- With strong technical background on Agriculture science, master’s degree an advantage .
- With at least 5 years of strong project management experience: project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Have training and facilitation skills and is knowledgeable of various participatory tools
- Ability to write and edit reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in conducting research.
- Demonstrated effective writing and oral communication skills.
- Can effectively work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment and is a team player.
- Computer proficient and uses various applications.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above job requirements may send an the following: (1) electronic application letter (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three references with address and contact email/phone numbers.
Please send the application to:
The Human Resources Office
Email: | firstname.lastname@example.org
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. We will respond to short-listed candidates only. All applications should be sent electronically.