The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The Climate Smart Agriculture and Food Systems Specialist is tasked with leading action research designed to develop, promote and demonstrate effective scaling strategies of emerging Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA) portfolios towards sub-national and national levels. The post holder will be based in Silang, Cavite. This position reports to the Philippine Program
The main responsibility of the post is to lead and coordinate the Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) project. Under this responsibility s/he is expected to:
- Manage and ensure implementation of action research project.
- Ensure over-all coordination with partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and ensure adherence to action research protocols
- Prepare action research outputs and other related project documents (activity reports, documentation, working papers).
- Implement other related tasks as assigned.
- With a strong technical background on Agriculture science, master’s degree an advantage.
- With at least 5 years of strong project management experience: project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, preferably in an NGO setting.
- With training and facilitation skills and is knowledgeable of various participatory tools
- Ability to write and edit reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in conducting research.
- Demonstrated effective writing and oral communication skills.
- Can effectively work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment and is a team player.
- Computer proficient and uses various applications.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above job requirements may send the following: (1) electronic application letter (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three references with address and contact email/phone numbers.
Please send the application to:
The Human Resources Office
Email: | email@example.com
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. We will respond to short-listed candidates only. All applications should be sent electronically.