IIRR is seeking an Education and Training Specialist whose main responsibility is developing and implementing international training courses and regional learning events in support of the program’s objective of contributing to individual skills development and organizational effectiveness of peer development, local community organizations, and government agencies.
Major job roles and functions include training related: needs assessment, curriculum development, implementation, facilitation, monitoring, evaluation and documentation.
The Education and Training Specialist will work with the Global Learning Program Team. New training courses will be organized at the regional and global level.
In addition, partnership and collaboration will be explored with Government agencies, INGOs and other institutions of higher education in order to offer both certificate and non-certificate courses in all areas of Rural Reconstruction. Short courses, seminars, conferences and customized courses will also be developed and conducted in order to promote good practices and advocate for responsive and community-led development. The post holder will be based in Silang, Cavite, Philippines and reports to the Global Learning Program Manager, Regional Center for Asia.
- Ensure timely implementation of agreed plans and strategies and delivery of outputs.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate training courses; generate contents and teaching materials from field programs; enrich contents of existing but relevant training courses by working with program teams and synthesizing lessons, insights and suggestions.
- Design, develop, evaluate, revise, and enhance training curricula and courseware including training materials, facilitators’ guides, etc.
- Develop innovative methods for delivering training and education that respond to the needs of development practitioners and organizations.
- Organize regional learning events on emerging themes and identify partners and donors.
- Establish partnership with relevant institutions as co-implementers and co-organizers of education and training activities.
- Provide support, where appropriate, to the development and implementation of national level training courses organized by country programs, IIRR partners and collaborators.
- Participate in the development and implementation of RCA planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning activities.
- Support the implementation of fund raising strategy.
- Represent IIRR with current and potential external program stakeholders, including partners, collaborators, clients and donors.
- Masters degree in education, non-profit management, international development, sociology or other related discipline
- With at least five (5) years experience in Training, Professional Development, Adult or Higher Education with a focus on Program, Organizational and/or Rural Development.
- Track record of experience and accomplishment in curriculum development, training design, facilitation and management of effective training programs
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning and design of rural development programs and projects
- Familiarity with methods, tools and techniques in participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language; competence in at least one other language an advantage
- Knowledge or experience in action research methodologies
- Team player and ability to work productively with teams
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment
- Proven networking skills
- Computer proficient
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below.
Closing date for application is October 15, 2019 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
Please send application to:
The Human Resources Office
We will respond to short-listed candidates only. All applications should be sent electronically.