The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction [IIRR] is one of the world’s leading international NGOs focused exclusively on improving the lives of the rural poor. It maintains a staff of over 200 people in 9 offices across Africa, Asia, and North America. The organizations’ programs address the Health, Education, and Environmental conditions of the rural poor, and prioritizes the delivery of sustainable and scalable solutions that empower people to move out of poverty. Currently, our focus is the COVID-19 response.
Though IIRR has delivered over 60 years of impact that has improved millions of lives, it remains agile and committed to testing, prototyping (and even failing) in order to continually learn how best to deliver the most cost-effective impact to communities who need it most.
Like so many organizations around the world, we are working hard to ensure that rural communities are spared the heavy burden of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are in urgent need of a few 3-4 Project/Research Officers [interns] to join us remotely on a range of projects. We attract a competitive stream of candidates and are therefore not able to accept many of the talented candidates who apply.
- Learn from and work with team members based internationally in 8 countries
- Assist with new COVID-19 response initiatives around the world
- Liaise with relevant associations to interpret the application of the policy on various workstreams
- Assist in creating new short-term initiatives on health, climate change adaptation and/or nutrition – Assist with organization-wide activities
- Provide research and authorship assistance for publications
- Develop new program concepts in partnership with staff around the world
- Research and document new technology processes in Rural Health
- Support creation of partnerships in private companies and academic institutions
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (Min GPA 3.2) from a recognized institution; Masters degree preferred
- Curiosity, creativity, and fearlessness in contributing new and bold ideas
- A willingness to fail fast and forward while respecting and valuing input from a global and diverse team
- Ability and willingness to work in a startup culture that may require fluidity in roles from week to week
- Proven interest/experience in international development, sustainability, or related fields
How to apply:
This is a remote and unpaid internship that requires a full-time (5days/wk) of 3 months or a part-time (4days/wk) commitment of 6 months.
Send to: email@example.com | Include “COVID-19 Project/Research Officer (intern)” in the Subject Line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No calls, please. If you have not received a response from us in two weeks, you should assume that your application was not successful on this occasion.