Supervisor: Africa Regional Director
IIRR is seeking an experienced and competent individual for the post of Regional Business Development Coordinator whose main responsibility will be to build partnerships, visibility and expand the funding base for IIRR’s Africa Regional Centre and Country Program portfolios in Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia and Zimbabwe.
The Regional Business Development Coordinator is responsible for resources and partnerships mobilization, effective planning and implementation of all IIRR training’s, customized courses, documentation and other capacity development initiatives in line with program goals and objectives.
The post holder will be based either in Kampala, Uganda, Nairobi, Kenya or Addis
Ababa, Ethiopia and reports to the Africa Regional Director.
- Support coordination of the regional Resource mobilization through development of compelling, innovative multi country projects and catalytic funding.
- Lead Country Programs in establishing in-Country and external donor data bases and create the necessary mechanisms for attracting funding partners through enhanced marketing and visibility of IIRR program impact.
- Facilitate countries to engage in various relevant thematic networks and consortia mainly for resources mobilization and fund raising purposes.
- Build donors/funders, policymakers and industry relationships and support the Regional Director in Representation of IIRR at external events and to key stakeholders.
- Manage grant pipeline, including pre/post award stage of contracts and monitoring timelines and reporting.
- Support additional strategic, high-impact initiatives within IIRR Africa and Globally.
- Develop marketing strategy for training and capacity development and ensure its effective implementation.
- Ensure effectiveness and relevance of all training and capacity development activities adapted to various needs of different audiences.
- Integrate information technology as an integral component of learning and capacity development including development and implementation of online courses.
- Effectively link trainings and capacity development services to IIRR field work/learning communities in each country and develop case studies and other learning materials based on IIRR field experiences.
- Support country offices to institute income generation wings along the mainstream NGO work to nurture the essence of social enterprise.
- Work and coordinate with IIRR country and regional teams (including Asia Region) and support IIRR field programs when requested.
- Tracking relevant call for proposals or call for applications and support Country Programs in the region to produce winning proposals.
- Have a Master’s or postgraduate studies in development management, business, education, sociology or other related discipline.
- Project management qualification/experience is an added advantage
- Proven track record of successful contracts awarded for multi-year programming worth at least US$1 million from key reputable donors
- Robust research and analytical skill-set, endless curiosity, and a desire to think outside the box.
- Strong attention to detail
- Deadline driven, highly organized, and able to multitask
- Is a business-minded social entrepreneur with demonstrable skill and practical experience
- Experienced, acclaimed and inspiring facilitator committed to participatory learning who possesses advanced skill in the use of participatory tools/methods.
- At least five (5) years’ experience as trainer/facilitator in training and capacity development organization/field at national or regional position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as excellent analytical skills
- Deep understanding, skill and experience in rural development, knowledge management and documentation are highly desirable and advantage.
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job including current salary and benefit package (2) curriculum vitae (3-4 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) 2 two letters of references from persons who served as supervisors in the past 2 organizations with address and contact email/phone numbers.
Applications must be submitted before 5pm East African time of October 3rd 2019 to:
The Human Resources Office
Email: | email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to short-listed candidates only. All applications should be sent electronically