The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
About the Job
The Research Coordinator for the Climate Smart Villages Research Project is tasked to provide project oversight and leadership in the conduct of various research activities designed to develop, promote and demonstrate the value of climate-smart villages as a platform for local adaptation in Asia. This research is a regional project involving the Philippines, Cambodia and Myanmar. The post holder will be based in Silang, Cavite. This position reports to the Asia Regional Director and works in close coordination with various research teams in countries and in the region.
The main responsibility of the post is to lead and coordinate the Climate-Smart Villages Research Project of the IIRR Regional Center for Asia. Under this responsibility s/he is expected to:
- Manage and ensure the implementation of an action research project
- Ensure the over-all coordination with partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and ensure adherence to action research protocols including data integrity, privacy, and security.
- Prepare action research outputs and other related project documents (activity reports, documentation, working papers).
- Ensure sound financial management of project fund and prepare project financial documents (financial work plan, project variance report)
- Implement other related tasks as assigned.
- Graduate of Agriculture, Economics Data Analytics, Statistics, master’s degree an advantage
- With at least 5 years of strong research project management experience: including research design, data collection, data analysis and research writing preferably in an NGO setting.
- Strong background and experience in impact assessment/evaluation
- Knowledge and experience on gender studies an advantage
- With training and facilitation skills and is knowledgeable of various participatory tools
- Ability to write and edit research reports; experience in writing peer-reviewed journal articles an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in conducting research
- Can effectively work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment and is a team player
- Computer proficient and uses various applications
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following (1) Motivation letter highlighting the required qualifications and experience related to the job description. Indicate in the letter the title of the Master’s thesis or dissertation and salary expectation (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) references that are former supervisors of the applicant, with address and a contact email or phone numbers
Please send the application to:
The Human Resources Office
Email: | email@example.com
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. We will respond to short-listed candidates only. All applications should be sent electronically.