The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The Researcher for the Climate Smart Villages Project is tasked with leading in-country action research designed to develop, promote and demonstrate the value of climate-smart villages as a platform for local adaptation in Asia. This research is a regional project involving the Philippines, Cambodia and Myanmar. The post holder will be based in Silang, Cavite and shall lead the research activities in the Philippines. This position reports to the Philippine Program Director and works in close coordination with the Research Project Coordinator at the Regional Center for Asia.
The main responsibility of the post is to lead and coordinate field activities related to the research on climate-smart villages in the Philippines. Under this responsibility s/he is expected to:
- Manages and ensures the implementation of an action research project at ground level.
- Ensures over-all coordination and communication with local partners and stakeholders.
- Develops and ensures adherence to action research protocols.
- Leads field research team in day-to-day activities.
- Oversees the delivery of action research outputs and other related project documents (activity reports, documentation, working papers).
- Ensures sound financial management of the project fund and prepares required financial document (financial work plan, project variance report)
- Implement other related tasks as assigned.
- With a strong technical background and a degree in Agriculture, Sociology, Community Development, Development Studies; master’s degree an advantage
- With at least 3 years of strong research experience: including research design, implementation, data collection, data analysis and research reporting, preferably in an NGO setting
- Knowledge and experience on impact assessment/evaluation and conduct of gender studies, an advantage
- With training and facilitation skills and is knowledgeable of various participatory tools
- Ability to write and edit research reports from the field • Can effectively work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment and is a team player
- Computer proficient and uses various applications
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below.
How to apply:
Please send the application to:
The Human Resources Office
Email: | firstname.lastname@example.org
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer. We will respond to short-listed candidates only. All applications should be sent electronically.