Duty Station: Jinka and Arbaminch
Number of Positions: Two
The Omo-Konso Cluster / Gamo-Gofa Cluster Purchaser & Driver is responsible for the overall purchasing and transporting tasks of the Omo-Konso Cluster / Gamo-Gofa Cluster MaYEA program to be implemented in selected Woredas of South Omo and Konso Zones / Gamo and Gonfa Zones of South Ethiopia Region. The task includes all aspects of the purchasing process, transporting goods and people promptly. They will work within the wider MaYEA program team and other IIRR staff. They are accountable to their respective cluster coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the daily purchasing activities following the procurement procedures, standards, and protocols of IIRR Ethiopia, MasterCard Foundation, and the law of the land.
- As ordered by the cluster coordinator, obtain different quotations from suppliers according to the IIRR and MasterCard purchasing policy and issue purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Request invoices or receipts without delay for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled out before approval.
- Manage the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the finance section, etc., and updating the data on purchase lists after purchases are made.
- Assist the property manager/storekeeper in the goods-receiving process by checking the quality and quantity of the goods purchased.
- Plan and maintain vendor database for effective supplier relationship management that benefits the organization.
- Monitor and track the performance of the suppliers, e.g., on-time delivery of the requirements, in the right quality and quantity, to deliver the best value to the program’s needs.
- Upon requests, transport IIRR and its partner personnel and material safely, ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to the property manager/storekeeper and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents.
- Make sure all vehicles of the cluster are used, respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements.
- Read and be thoroughly familiar with the safeguarding policy and code of conduct.
- Demonstrate behaviors that promote a safe culture.
- Raise concerns immediately
Qualifications & Skills
- Advanced Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies Management, Logistics, Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Business Management, and related fields or a High school graduate with a third-grade driving license.
- Zero-year for advanced diploma graduates and at least four years of relevant experience for high school graduates with perfect driving skills. Prior experience in purchasing is advantageous.
- Basic communication skills in English and Amharic languages are essential.
- Good knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard work, and a strong belief in equality.
- Interested applicants are expected to apply only through email at email@example.com, the latest by December 21, 2023, at 4:00 PM.
- The application package shall include an application letter clearly outlining the applicant’s experience and suitability for the position and an updated CV of the applicant with three references. No other supporting documents are needed at the application stage.
- IIRR Ethiopia will notify short-listed candidates to provide their credentials.
Women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.