The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The Deputy Director will be responsible for providing leadership, management, planning, and enhancement of internal organizational systems, processes, and infrastructure. The Deputy Director will lead staff processes around the implementation of the strategic plan, including integration and collaboration across programs, vision alignment, and collective goal setting. The Deputy Director will support the Country Director and share responsibility for the overall development and structure of the organization, with accountability and decision-making authority on finance, fundraising, human resources, and program planning, monitoring, and evaluation systems. The post reports to the Country Director, Philippine Program, Regional Center for Asia.
- Lead staff processes around the implementation of the strategic plan, including integration and collaboration across programs, vision alignment, and collective goal setting.
- Oversee the development of annual program work plans.
- Monitor financial, political, and security risks to the organization and advise the Country Director on these.
- Ensure programs have adequate operational resources to function effectively, including operational policies, office space and equipment, information technology, and measures to protect staff’s physical and cyber.
- Ensure high-level decisions move forward when the Country Director is out of the office.
- Work with the Operations Director in the planning of quarterly, midyear, and annual reviews and other planning and meeting processes.
Finance and Fundraising
- Lead proposal development and resource mobilization initiatives.
- Review financial documents and ensure compliance to organization and donor policies.
Partnership Building and Networking
- Represent IIRR at relevant national and local meetings with government officials, contractors, other NGOs, etc., reporting back as applicable to staff, and field managers.
- Support community outreach, networking, and consultation initiatives with the NGO community and other organizations in networks.
- Explore partnership and collaborative work with various stakeholders.
- Line manage designated staff, including direct supervision and development. Assist other managers in their line management responsibilities, including recruitment, appraisal, objective setting, development and training, disciplinary action, etc., and deputise for them during any periods of absence.
- Hold regular team meetings and, through a consultative leadership style and a transparent, honest, and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective team.
- Develop direct reports to improve their knowledge, competence, and performance. Requirements
- A degree in Business Management, Sociology, Rural Development, Organizational management, AgNRM, or another related discipline; master’s or Ph.D. degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of related, progressively responsible work experience including organizational-level leadership.
- At least five (5) years of comparable work experience in rural development, preferably with international development agencies.
- Have networking, partnership building, and business development skills and experience.
- Proven track record in program development, proposal writing, and fundraising.
- Demonstrated effective writing and communication skills in English
- Can effectively work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment and is a team player.
- Computer proficient and uses various applications.
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the Philippines.
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 pages) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3–5-page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three character references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below. The closing date of application is 15 December 2022 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
Km. 39, Aguinaldo Highway, Silang, 4118 Cavite
We will respond to short-listed candidates only.
IIRR is an equal-opportunity employer.