The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The Development Communication and Advocacy Specialist contributes to the expanding work of IIRR in the documentation and communication of development learning, and in the production of information, education and communication (IEC) materials for innovative rural development programs. The person shall develop program communication strategies and knowledge products. He/she shall lead the “writeshop” process, prepare public information plans and contribute content for newsletters, annual reports and IIRR’s website. Materials used would be disseminated and used via advocacy strategies and events. The post holder is based in Silang, Cavite.
- Collect, collate and analyze data useful in documenting learning experiences from IIRR learning community activities, which will be used in IIRR information materials, discussion papers, training programs and publications
- Lead the design, facilitation and overall implementation of participatory publication development
- Coordinate with program teams to develop proposals for communication and documentation of IIRR experiences from its learning community activities
- Prepare public information plans and materials including newsletters, annual reports and the website to support RCA and its country program initiatives
- Design and implement strategic advocacy strategies and activities to share documented learning experiences for policy influencing, institutionalization and scaling
- Represent the Institute and its programs with external program stakeholders including partners, clients and donors
- Market IIRR knowledge products
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned or delegated from time to
- A degree in Development Communication, Sociology, Rural Development, or other related discipline; master’s degree preferred
- At least five (5) years of comparable work experience in development communication and advocacy with international development agencies, NGOs or with rural communities
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in development communications programming
- Demonstrated effective writing and communication skills in English
- Experience in action research
- Demonstrated ability to work with people and organizations in communities
- Team player and ability to work productively with teams
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment
- Computer proficient; ability to work with computer applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat & video editing software
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the Philippines
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three character references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below. Closing date of application is 31 March 2022 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
We will respond to short-listed candidates only.
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer.