The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The Field Extension Technician, ClimBer Project is responsible for providing information, coordination, communication, and facilitation support to the project/program team. He/she will report directly to the Field Research Coordinator, ClimBer Project, and coordinate with other members of the project/program team.
He or she will be responsible for coordinating activities related to the project he/she is assigned to.
His or her main responsibility is to assist the program manager in the implementation of the project. Responsibilities include:
- Baseline and end line data gathering and analysis.
- Coordination and conduct of meetings
- Coordination of field activities and training.
- Monitoring visits and technical assistance.
- Ensure project information storage and retrieval.
- Maintain a follow-up
- System for project activities and deadlines.
- Documentation of project activities.
- Contribute to the development of proposals by conducting web-based research. 9. Assist in arranging programs for incoming visitors i.e. donor or partner visits; make appointments with project stakeholders or IIRR managers, including logistical arrangements and secretarial assistance.
- A degree in agriculture or natural resource management.
- At least two (2) years of field experience in agriculture/ rural development projects.
- Interest in working in development through working with communities.
- Ability to write and edit reports and conduct research.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- Team player and able to work productively with teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment.
- Computer proficient, with knowledge and experience in word processing and database
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the Philippines.
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 pages) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3–5-page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three character references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
We will respond to short-listed candidates only.
IIRR is an equal-opportunity employer.