The Learning Community Coordinator closely works with the Operations Director in taking the lead in project coordination and management. S/he coordinates with other members of the project team and relevant technical staff, as required by the project. The post holder is based in Silang, Cavite, Philippines, but is expected to spend three days a week in Maragondon field office and sites. This position reports to the Operations Director of the Philippine Program.
- Lead the program development and resource mobilization for Cavite Learning Community:
- Identify opportunities for generating resources, develop concept notes and project proposals for related resource development to ensure the continuity of the project and linkage to other IIRR programs
- Lead current projects in Cavite LC (DA-GSB, VARACCO):
- Design, coordinate/facilitate workshops and training with the project team and local partner organizations
- Prepare project progress reports, technical reports, implementation plans, work plans, and related documentation
- Manage the budget as per allocation and coordinate with Finance and the Operations Director any recommended changes
- Provide technical inputs and facilitate capacity-building activities with local partner organizations as required
- Lead partner development and management for the Cavite Learning Community and represent the Institute and the project with local external program stakeholders
- Implement other related tasks as assigned
- Completed a degree in a relevant course i.e. social science, health, environment, development, etc. (Masters’s degree preferred)
- With strong project management experience: project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, preferably in an NGO setting
- Ability to mobilize communities and resources. Have training and facilitation skills and is knowledgeable of various participatory tools
- Ability to write and edit reports and conduct research
- Demonstrated effective writing and oral communication skills
- Can effectively work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment and is a team player
- Computer proficient and uses various applications
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the Philippines
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter with salary and benefits expectations (1-2 pages) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae with an ID picture (3–5-page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three letters of references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the email address provided. The closing date of application is 31 May 2022 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
We will respond to short-listed candidates only.
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer.