IIRR is looking for a short-term consultant acting as a PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST CONSULTANT FOR CLIMATE SMART AGRICULTURE AND LIVELIHOODS.
IIRR is looking for a well-motivated and experienced professional working within the international development sector. The postholder will lead in developing programs that scale and sustain IIRR’s ongoing initiatives in the ASEAN region, in the field of climate-smart agriculture, food systems, and social inclusion.
Nature and Scope of Work:
- Conduct literature review of key global and regional events on key themes and priorities on climate change adaptation, mitigation, social protection, rural development, and women empowerment.
- Write reports on these literature reviews as the basis for program development and research reports.
- Conduct research on donors and funding opportunities that align to program priorities of IIRR on climate change, agriculture, and rural development in the countries and in the region.
- Program Development
- Act as the lead coordinator for proposal development activities such as brainstorming sessions, searching for potential partners and experts for the proposed programs.
- Together with IIRR program managers, lead in writing concept notes and proposals.
- A report entitled “Emerging Themes and Priorities from the UNFSS, UNFCCC, IPCC and Global EbA Events in 2021”
- At least 3 program documents such as concept notes, full proposals, briefs, and primers. This will be defined further within the term of the consultancy.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A degree in agriculture, natural resource management, or another related discipline; master’s degree
- At least five (5) years of experience in AgNRM program planning, monitoring, and evaluation within a rural development framework.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; knowledge of one or more Asian languages a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability in conceptual and operational skills suited to rural development programs and projects.
- Knowledge or experience in action research methodologies.
- Familiarity with methods, tools, and techniques in participatory planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Team player and ability to work productively with teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment.
- Computer proficient.
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the Philippines.
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to each of the required qualifications (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary only), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three letters of references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below. The closing date of application is 31 March 2022 or until a suitable candidate is identified. As this is an urgent post to fill in, interviews will be made even before the closing of the application.
We will respond to short-listed candidates only.
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer