The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The Project Officer is responsible for coordinating and supporting project-related initiatives and activities. S/he will report directly to the Project Manager and coordinate with other team members. The post holder will be based in Silang, Cavite.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of the project
- Provide technical assistance to project partners using the developed guidelines
- Coordinate/facilitate workshops and training in coordination with the project team and local partners
- Monitor implementation and ensure that the project is achieving project deliverables as scheduled
- Monitor project budgets and financial expenses; review financial reports and adjust the budget as appropriate
- Prepare needed reports such as activity reports, interim reports, and technical reports and finalize these in consultation with other members of the team as appropriate
- Perform finance-related duties and responsibilities such as liquidation of any cash advances as well as judiciously care for any financial and or non-financial resources and/or assets and/or property of IIRR
- Develop concept notes/project ideas and proposals and contribute to resource generation to grow the program
- Manage and maintain operational networks/partnerships in project communities, local government partners i.e. LGUs and networks
- Assist in the formation and strengthening of partners in participatory planning, programming, and management
- Support on the consolidation and synthesis of project results packaged into advocacy materials in coordination with the project team
- Participate in staff capacity development programs, projects, and/or activities that may be assigned from time to time
- Perform other related responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated from time to time.
- A degree in agriculture, environmental science, natural resource management, sociology, geography, or another related discipline (master’s degree an advantage)
- At least five (5) years of handling field-based projects have worked with organizations and communities on various development projects
- With strong project management experience: project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, preferably in an NGO setting
- Ability to mobilize communities and resources. Have training and facilitation skills and is knowledgeable of various participatory tools
- Ability to write and edit reports and conduct research
- Demonstrated effective writing and oral communication skills
- Can effectively work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment and is a team player.
- Computer proficient and uses various applications.
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the Philippines
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three character references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below. The closing date of application is 31 March 2022 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
We will respond to short-listed candidates only.
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer.