The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The Project Officer is responsible for leading and supporting nutrition-related initiatives and activities. S/he will report directly to the Program Manager, Food Security and Nutrition/Food Systems, coordinating with other team members.
- Lead and manage the implementation of the project: “Gearing Towards Sustainable Nutrition amidst Challenges”:
• Prepare project workplan based on project design/approved proposal
• Ensure committed deliverables of the project are accomplished in a timely manner
• Develop and test and document program strategy and implementation for the youth: Youth Advocates for Nutrition (YAN)
• Ensure monitoring and evaluation system is fully implemented
• Conduct field visits and partner meetings to track the progress of the project regularly, i.e. monthly and quarterly
• Manage the project budget, track budget allocation and expenditure, and prepare and update PVR (project variance report) on a monthly basis
• Ensure proper management of project assets and other resources according to policies and procedures in force
• Collaborate to facilitate regular participatory project self-review and planning by project groups
• Draft and finalize progress and end project reports, both narrative and financial, through submission
- Assist in organizing and implementing nutrition-related activities of the Philippine program:
• Coordinate and conduct preparatory activities as agreed with the FSN team
• Act as resource persons in nutrition-related capacity-building activities i.e. training, fora, etc.
- Develop and promote innovative and good nutrition practices and ensure documentation of experiences and lessons learned
- Develop experience/research-based knowledge products relevant to nutrition promotion and advocacy
- Perform finance-related duties and responsibilities such as liquidation of any cash advances, as well as judiciously care for any financial and or non-financial resources and/or assets and/or property of IIRR
- Develop concept notes/project ideas and proposals related to nutrition and contribute to resource generation to grow the program. 7. Manage and maintain operational networks/partnerships in project communities, local government partners i.e. LGUs, sub-national nutrition councils, and networks i.e SUN CSA CALABARZON, etc.
- A degree in agriculture or nutrition or another related discipline (master’s degree an advantage)
- At least five (5) years of handling field-based projects, have worked with organizations and communities on various development projects
- Strong project management experience: project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, preferably in an NGO setting
- Ability to mobilize communities and resources. Have training and facilitation skills and is knowledgeable of various participatory tools
- Ability to write and edit reports and conduct research
- Demonstrated effective writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment and is a team player
- Computer proficient and uses various applications
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the Philippines.
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3–5-page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three character references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below. Closing date of application is 31 July 2022 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
We will respond to short-listed candidates only.
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer.