The purpose of IIRR’s Young Professional Advisory Board (YPAB) is to provide support and innovation for the work of IIRR. This dynamic group is comprised of diverse members with a vast array of professional experience, including international development, conflict resolution, philanthropy, international affairs, mediation, project management, finance, law, construction, education, graphic design, communication, music & the arts, web development, as well as writing, editing, and foreign language skills.
This volunteer group meets six to eight times per year, and has core memberships located in New York City and Nairobi. We also have sub-committees that focus on various projects, including our Events Committee, Communications Committee, and Goats for Girls Committee.
The long-term key goals of the YPAB include:
- Outreach: Expand the circle of IIRR’s friends
- Enhance IIRR’s visibility
- Fundraising & Events
- Project Support
Current (Fall 2018) YPAB projects include:
- Expanding IIRR’s online presence through more engagement with social media and emergent app-based technologies.
- Searching for and applying to millennial-focused grants that may not be noticed by IIRR’s Board of Trustees.
- Collecting materials and conducting interviews for a monograph about Dr. Yen.
If you are interested in joining our mailing list or joining the Young Professional Advisory Board, please send a short email to email@example.com. If you would like to apply to YPAB New York, email U.S. Communications Director David Kurlander at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to apply to YPAB Nairobi, email email@example.com.