IIRR is one of the world’s largest international NGOs that focuses exclusively on improving the lives of the rural poor. It maintains offices in Africa, Asia, and North America. The organizations’ programs address the Health, Education, and Environmental conditions of the rural poor, and prioritizes the delivery of sustainable and scalable solutions that empower people to move out of poverty.
IIRR is looking for intelligent, strategic, and resourceful thinkers to help the organization expand its branding and social media efforts. Advocacy and Marketing Interns will work under the direction of the Global Operations Manager.
This is an unpaid internship but available for class credits. We have two internship models:
- full-time – requires 5 days (40 hours) a week commitment of 3 months
- part-time – requires 3 to 4 days (24 hours) a week commitment of 6 months
Responsibilities may include one or more of the following:
- Research and develop content for multi-channel communications platforms to support external communications and PR of the organization
- Support copywriting, graphic designing and curating content for social media channels, website, and blogs to raise visibility on our COVID-19 global response
- Help lead branding of the organization by assisting the implementation of social media campaigns across multiple platforms
- Support external communications to expand the organization’s online reach by liaising with local, national and international journalists to support development and execution of media coverage
- Support documentation, including video and photography
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Impeccable writing skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Curiosity, creativity, and fearlessness in contributing new and bold ideas
- A willingness to fail fast and forward while respecting and valuing input from a global and diverse team
- Ability and willingness to work in a startup culture that may require fluidity in roles from week to week
How to Apply:
Send resume/CV and cover letter (indicating preference for part-time or full-time placement), and contact information for three references to: email@example.com | Include “Marketing (Intern)” in the Subject Line
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No calls, please. If you have not received a response from us in two weeks, you should assume that your application was not successful on this occasion.