The YPN consists of energetic, driven, and well-mobilized individuals across the globe from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise that are committed to supporting the network and their local chapter.Apply now
Main objectives of the YPN
Eligibility to join YPN
- 21-40 years old
- Hold a University degree
- Acquire a proven interest in poverty alleviation, climate change, environmental issues, international development, and rural communities.
The YPN encourages all members to set out and strive towards achieving the following membership expectations:
- Attend meetings & events: show up to general meetings, chapter meetings, recruitment events and various other events throughout the year
- Recruit new YPN members: recruit at least one new member to YPN each year
- Introduce a key partnership: connect, introduce and facilitate a new relationship with a foundation, corporation or high-level donor
- Identify shared-value opportunities: spot opportunities to engage suitable foundations or corporations with partnership proposals on relevant events
- Serve on a chapter committee: show a willingness to serve as an active member of a Chapter Committee for the minimum term
- Be active: engage as a member for the minimum term of 12-months (2-month break is permitted).
What is a Chapter?
A Chapter is a local domain of IIRR’s YPN with a local membership by city or country. Chapters are YPN-directed, committee-led groups that promote the work of IIRR as donors, leaders, and most importantly rural advocates at a local level.