The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The Finance Officer works with finance office staff members in the implementation of financial management systems and the day-to-day financial transaction. S/he is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures in preparing financial documents & financial reports and ensures appropriate accounting control procedures. The post holder will be based in Silang, Cavite, Philippines. This position reports to the Finance Director.
- Review the completeness, validity and accuracy of accounting documents, this includes proper filing.
- Preparation and recording of official receipts, cash vouchers, journal vouchers which includes review the completeness, validity and accuracy of supporting documents,
- Preparation and analysis of bank reconciliation, cash flows projections, BIR schedules, payroll worksheets, pension schedules, depreciation schedules, interoffice reconciliation and other related financial monitoring reports,
- Preparation of financial report, project reports, Funder/Donor financial report, cash flows projection, Cash Position, forecast, project budgets and other financial report as needed.
- Assist in the completion of budget process, external and internal audit process, statutory registration and other Institute government compliance in the Philippines, US Office and other operating units.
- Coordinate the banking and other operational transactions,
- Assist the finance director in monitoring and checking the completeness, accuracy, timeliness of financial reports and schedules processed by different operating units,
- Attend to the program staff requests, meetings and closely coordinate with operation and Program/Project team.
- Contribute to the development, establishment and implementation of internal controls, financial documentations and administrative systems and procedures in accordance with Institute standard policies to ensure operational efficiency.
- Perform other related responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated from time to time.
- A Bachelor of Science major in Accountancy (BSA) graduate; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is an advantage
- Minimum of 3 (three) years’ work experience in holding similar responsibilities; (experienced in working with NGO/Not-for-Profit Organization is an advantage)
- Excellent knowledge in MS-Excel
- Keen attention to details and good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate in English: written and verbal
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose creative solutions
- Ability to perform well in a complex work environment (team player) and address numerous simultaneous requests effectively
- Demonstrate ability to deliver high-quality, accurate work within tight deadlines
- Experience in using computers and office software applications such as MS Word, Power Point, and Internet
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the Philippines
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter with salary and benefits expectation (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae with ID picture (3–5-page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three letters of references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below. Closing date of application is 31 March 2022 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
We will respond to short-listed candidates only.
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer.