The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The Project Manager is responsible in providing oversight and over-all coordination in the implementation of the project entitled “Improving coastal resilience and ecosystem services through biodiversity restoration (Philippines)”. The project aims to demonstrate how a small municipality can restore and improve coastal ecological resilience and reduce poverty. Mangrove and coastal ecosystems will be rehabilitated by creating more bio-diverse and multi-strata bio-shields, that support livelihoods and protect local communities from climate change risks. To reduce habitat destruction, fishing communities will be empowered to shift to climate resilient agriculture systems and practices that are gender-sensitive and agro-biodiversity rich. S/he will report directly to the Senior Program Manager for Learning Communities and closely worked with the Project leader and coordinates with other members of the project/program team.
- Lead the development of annual and quarterly project workplans.
- Responsible in executing project activities, data gathering i.e. baselining and endline studies, monitoring and evaluation plan, including design and management of project database.
- Monitor implementation and ensure that the project is achieving project deliverables as scheduled.
- Monitor project budgets and financial expenses; review financial reports and adjust budget as appropriate.
- Lead the preparation of donor project reports and ensure activity and technical reports are complete and timely prepared in consultation with other members of the team as appropriate.
- Lead in donor and partner relation building.
- Lead and coordinate/facilitate workshops and trainings in coordination with the project team and local partners.
- Implement other related tasks as assigned.
- A degree in aquaculture, agriculture, natural resources management, social science, rural development or related field.
- At least five (5) year experience in coordinating projects, planning and organizing community-based activities within a rural development framework.
- Field experience working with NGO or donor-funded projects on aquaculture, agriculture, natural resources management, rural development, or environmental conservation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; knowledge of one or more Asian language or local dialect a plus.
- Good analytical skills.
- Practical knowledge and skills in participatory methods and tools in planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Knowledge or experience in action research methodologies.
- Experience in organizing and conducting community education training activities.
- Team player and ability to work productively with teams.
- Strong computer literacy.
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 page) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three letters of references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Human Resources Office
International Institute of Rural Reconstruction
Km. 39, Aguinaldo Highway, Silang, 4118 Cavite
We will respond to short-listed candidates only.
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer.