The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction [IIRR] is one of the world’s largest international NGOs that focuses exclusively on improving the lives of the rural poor. It maintains offices in Africa, Asia, and North America. The organizations’ programs address the Health, Education, and Environmental conditions of the rural poor, and prioritizes the delivery of sustainable and scalable solutions that empower people to move out of poverty.
IIRR is looking for intelligent, strategic, and resourceful thinkers to help the organization expand its public-facing educational efforts. Webinar Interns will work under the direction of the Communications Manager.
This is an unpaid internship but available for class credits. We have two internship models:
- full-time – requires 5 days (40 hours) a week commitment of 3 months
- part-time – requires 3 to 4 days (24 hours) a week commitment of 6 months
Responsibilities may include one or more of the following:
- Work closely with the webinar manager on all aspects of the project
- Curate a calendar of topics and roster of presenters for bi-monthly webinar series that are relevant to IIRR focus areas of health, education, food systems, economic empowerment, and the environment in rural communities
- Coordinate and lead all aspects of event registration
- Coordinate with social media/marketing personnel to promote events across social media channels
- Identify, develop, and monitor metrics for measuring success of individual webinars and overall series
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Impeccable writing skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Curiosity, creativity, and fearlessness in contributing new and bold ideas
- A willingness to fail fast and forward while respecting and valuing input from a global and diverse team
- Ability and willingness to work in a startup culture that may require fluidity in roles from week to week
How to Apply:
Send resume/CV and cover letter (indicating preference for part-time or full-time placement) to: firstname.lastname@example.org | Include “Webinar (Intern)” in the Subject Line
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No calls, please. If you have not received a response from us in two weeks, you should assume that your application was not successful on this occasion.