UN Women awards a three year grant of $1 million to IIRR for a project: “To Stop Violence Against Women and Girls in Samburu, Marsabit and Isiolo Counties in Northern Kenya”. The grant complements several ongoing efforts of IIRR, communities, local development partners and county governments to advance education and leadership for girls. Other ongoing efforts in the areas include: Education is Cool campaign, Giving Girls a Second Chance in Education and Education for Children with Special Needs.
- Addressing Malaria and Climate Change can Improve Health in Rural CommunitiesIn Rural Development, Rural HealthFebruary 2, 2021
- Addressing Sexual Violence in Conflict: What Does a Survivor-Centred Approach Mean for Rural Women and Girls?In Gender Equality, Rural DevelopmentJanuary 4, 2021
- Girls education in DRC empowers entire communityIn Education, Rural DevelopmentDecember 2, 2020
- A new education: today’s imperative for tomorrow’s conquestIn Education, Rural DevelopmentNovember 2, 2020
- Resilience in the time of disruption – rural communities leadingIn COVID-19, Rural DevelopmentOctober 2, 2020