IIRR is one of the world’s leading rural development NGOs with over 60 years of experience empowering communities to improve their livelihood and their environment.
We are seeking a new Director of New Business who will help us bring in and secure new client relationships.
IIRR is keen to identify a highly motivated team player to lead new business initiatives and expand our partnerships with institutions, with the ultimate aim to maintain and grow support for IIRR’s programs. This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role on a growing team and to contribute to strategy and relationship building with partners across the private and social sectors.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Director of New Business role is a consultancy and success-fee arrangement, and work will be conducted fully remotely from your location. This role is expected to evolve into a staff role where the post-holder will be responsible for building a team.
- Lead in growing and strengthening IIRR’s portfolio of new businesses with a focus on securing programmatic funding and shared-value partnerships from global foundations and corporations;
- Lead the development of high-quality proposals and proactive pitches as well as respond to competitive solicitations from a variety of global foundations and corporations in collaboration with country units/offices;
- Lead or support writer on proposals, contributing both technical and non-technical content (including budgets) and integrating inputs from staff and partners into a responsive, programmatically sound proposal with a compelling vision and clear themes;
- Research and identify new potential foundation and corporate institutional donors, while keeping up with donor-giving strategies and trends;
- Support cultivation and stewardship of new and existing partners to strengthen relationships and deepen corporate and foundation partnerships with IIRR;
- Communicate about IIRR’s work with our external partners both verbally and by developing compelling collateral and value propositions (e.g., program briefs, presentations, capacity statements);
- Liaise with IIRR’s country program staff to identify program funding needs and ambitions across all program areas, with a specific focus on climate and environment-related funding;
- Provide guidance, coaching, and technical assistance on all aspects of business development, including networking, program design, pitch/proposal development, and relationship management with donors and partners;
- Promote efficient communication externally as well as within the program team to ensure effortless team function;
- Work with colleagues globally to ensure the knowledge management systems are up-to-date and fit for purpose;
- Collaborate with various teams (such as Communications, Marketing, Development, and Finance), both in the US office as well as the country units, to support the achievement of IIRRs mission.
STRONG CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience, with proven experience or interest in international development, humanitarian, or social sector;
- Demonstrated track record in securing and/or managing high-value partnerships and awards, private institutions, multilateral and/or other donors;
- Experience with or understanding of corporate responsibility engagements
- Proven ability to write clear, logical, articulate, and persuasive proposals, including cost proposals and budgets;
- Excellent English language editing skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple and often competing deadlines, which involves working with colleagues in different time zones;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct rigorous research and analysis, and present insights in a clear, concise manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g., facilitation and conflict management) and the ability to work in a culturally diverse team environment;
- Commitment to the work and values of IIRR;
- Eligibility to work in the US or the UK. Candidates can be based anywhere in the world.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, CV, salary expectation, and available start date to: email@example.com. Include “Director of New Business” in the Subject Line.
We appreciate your interest in working with IIRR. Due to the high applicant volume, we regret that we are not able to send personalized responses to all applicants. Only candidates short-listed for a first-round interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.