The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction [IIRR] is one of the world’s leading international NGOs focused exclusively on improving the lives of the rural poor. It maintains a staff of over 200 people in 9 offices across Africa, Asia, and North America. The organizations’ programs address the Health, Education, and Environmental conditions of the rural poor, and prioritizes the delivery of sustainable and scalable solutions that empower people to move out of poverty. Currently, our focus is the COVID-19 response.
Though IIRR has delivered over 60 years of impact that has improved millions of lives, it remains agile and committed to testing, prototyping (and even failing) in order to continually learn how best to deliver the most cost-effective impact to communities who need it most.
About the Job
The IIRR associate acts as a voice for rural communities in her network and will utilize her creativity and innovation to represent our mission in person and online. The position will provide mutual benefit by building greater brand awareness and enriching the Advisor’s cultural knowledge. She will work closely with the team to ensure adequate understanding and representation.
- Represent the organization at events such as podcasts, webinars, conferences, etc
- Maintain the public profile by promoting the organization and new initiatives on social media (whether that be newsletters, platform or blog posts, or virtual hangouts, that’s all up to you!)
- Willing to receive weekly updates on IIRR and its progress in ongoing programs and new rollouts
- Be available to participate in bi-weekly meetings and offer a new perspective to help make the advisory/associate/lead program as effective as possible
- Become an integral member of the IIRR team in an advisory capacity
- Relevant experience – we want you to participate in internal and external, dynamic conversation; experience and knowledge in or adjacent to ONE of the following fields:
- Food security
- Economic empowerment
- 5-7 years of experience in ONE of the above sectors plus a graduate degree in life or environmental sciences, public relations, economics, or related field. (Bachelor’s degree plus 8-10 years also encouraged to apply).
- Experience in publications strongly preferred
- Exceptional public speaker – be able to specify examples of previous features, appearances, etc.
- Passion for curing the world’s inequalities – we follow the un SDG’s closely; having similar priorities is critical for your success
- Creative thinkers – we’d love to work with you if you’re excited to find new and innovative ways to reach others
- Prior experience with charitable foundations a plus
How to apply
When expressing your interest in the role, please submit i. Cover Letter (1-page maximum); ii. Resume; and iii. Salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ‘Senior Specialist – Sustainability’ in the Subject Line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit applications asap. No calls, please. If you have not received a response from us within three weeks, please assume that your application was not successful on this occasion. We are unfortunately unable to contact all applicants individually.
IIRR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. We will respond to short-listed candidates only. All applications should be sent electronically.