The International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) seeks development professionals interested in establishing a career with an international organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, Food Security and Nutrition, the Agriculture Field Researcher is responsible for carrying out activities for the Food Security and Nutrition Program. S/He will be organizing and coordinating field activities, conducting field visits, data collection and monitoring. As a member of the IIRR Philippine Program, s/he will also coordinate and communicate with other program staff for project and institution-related activities and concerns.
The Agriculture Field Researcher will be based in Silang, Cavite.
The Agriculture Field Researcher is expected to:
- Coordinate and organize project activities.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits and manual data collection according to the data quality protocol, field data collection.
- Submit data collected and gathered using the project template and format.
- Liaise with project partners and work closely with the project team to ensure the upkeep of project documents and keep up with timelines.
- Facilitate regular project implementation team meetings (field-level) and participate in the project core team meetings.
- Prepare activity design, documentation, and reports.
- Perform finance-related duties and responsibilities such as liquidation of cash advances and managing field activity expenses.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, environmental science, natural resource management, food science, and other related disciplines
- Experience in conducting research including collection and analysis of data related to crop yield, and soil quality
- Deep understanding of urban ecosystems
- Experience in partnerships with local organizations, government agencies, and businesses to support and promote urban agriculture initiatives
- Has training and facilitation skills and is knowledgeable of various participatory tools
- Experience in development projects is desirable
- Interest in working in development through working with communities
- Familiarity with urban planning regulations and zoning laws related to urban agriculture, along with the ability to navigate bureaucratic processes for permits and land use is desirable
- Ability to write and edit reports and conduct research
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English
- Team player and able to work productively with teams
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment
- Computer proficient, with knowledge and experience in Word and Excel processing and database management
Interested applicants who meet the above job criteria may send their (1) electronic application letter (1-2 pages) that summarizes key competencies and skills relevant to the job (2) curriculum vitae (3-5 page summary), (3) contact information (telephone, email); and (4) three character references with address and contact email/phone numbers to the address below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
We will respond to short-listed candidates only.
IIRR is an equal-opportunity employer.